Football Kickoff Recipe: Bacon Wrapped Tots

Friday, September 7

I'm warning you now, this is not a low calorie snack. However, they are absolutely delicious, so who cares right? And they're a perfect recipe for football season! This is a pretty simple recipe, it combines two of the best foods in the world: bacon and potatoes. I got the idea from a teacher at my school, and I can't believe I never thought of it before. Here's what you'll need...

1) Let the tots defrost enough so that you can get a toothpick through, about 15 minutes.
2) Count enough bacon strips for however many tots you'll be making. Each tot gets 1/2 strip. Cut the bacon in half.




















3) Roll up each tot in the bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
4) Bake until bacon is crispy, about 20-25 minutes.

























Carefully remove from the oven and enjoy! Chris and I loved them, so I'm thinking that these are going to definitely be a favorite during football season!



20 comments:

  1. sweet mother of god i wish i didnt see this post. now i'm going to make them after work (obviously i won't last waiting for an actual game) and my jean buttons will start exploding off. but life is short, i'm gonna eat the bacon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap I am so making these. Thank goodness I run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks sinfully good :))
    nticipationblog.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so easy! and I'm already drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ¡QUE BUENO...!
    Mis felicitaciones.
    SALUDOS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so so beautiful . nice blog . nice pics . i love it .
    Parfum pas cher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look bomb.
    Now I'm pretty sure I'm going to try that but with other stuff, let's see how much stuff you could make wrapped in bacon.
    :):):)
    I love bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks yum!! love your blog, please accept this little sunshine award for you, check on my blog lauratj.blogspot.com. have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, I think I need these...right now! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum!

    Val
    http://valentinaduracinsky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. try to do, is easy!! :)
    I would like to ask a favor if you live near a TJ Maxx or HomeGoods.
    I wonder if you've seen an extra virgin olive oil called ORO DE LA VEGA
    http://orodelavega.es/

    thank you!
    Greetings from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anything wrapped in bacon is awesome. These look delicious as well as really cute!

    http://www.evon-von.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Humm, this looks absolutely yummy!


    ~Lou~
    Ps: i'm doing a fashion-related survey for my dissertation, 5 mins, much much help ♥ https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2SQNKSV

    ReplyDelete
  14. What temp do you cook these at?

    ReplyDelete

Calico skies All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger